Our Southern 4-Day Tour kicked off yesterday. Here’s a quick photo of the group and some observations from the day…
– 20 energetic skiers took to the trail – temps starting around 25 degrees and ending the day at 14 degrees
– And several wind-blown areas throughout
– Persistent wind could be heard throughout the trip but not always felt on the trail
– Couldn’t have found a better spot for lunch among the Hemlocks – NO WIND
– Encountered a few snow squalls, some blue skies and sunlight, a long climb ending in a long gentle downhill, a perfect but long day.
– Nice to ski on snowmobile trails without snowmobiles present
– A real beautiful Vt. Winter day….and nice to have trip leaders that take good care of you when you feel like you’re going to die if there’s one more hill to climb.