Hello VT Backcountry Friends,
On Thursday, Nov 6th in Rochester, VT, at the Pierce Hall Community Center (38 S.Main St.), the Vermont Backcountry Alliance (VTBC), which is a new program of the Catamount Trail Association(CTA), and the Rochester Area Sports Trails Alliance (RASTA) will be co-hosting the 2nd Annual VT Backcountry Forum (& Celebration). We hope you can join us for some great discussion and brainstorming around VT’s backcountry future, and to celebrate the coming winter season. The event is free, and proceeds will directly support the responsible management of new bc skiing/riding zones in Rochester, VT area.
Please share this post with anyone who might be interested, and please share the Facebook Event Listing via social media as well. If you’d like to help out with the event or donate a raffle item, please email email@example.com.
More details below…
The Backcountry Forum will highlight proposed new backcountry zones, provide updates on new projects and conservation efforts, and feature a brainstorm around VT’s backcountry future!
Pierce Hall Community Center (38 S.Main St.) in Rochester, VT
Thursday, Nov. 6th, 2015: 6pm – 11pm
FREE – Fundraising raffle tickets sold at the door and during event (1 for $5, 5 for $20, 12 for $40). Raffle drawings throughout evening and at 9pm.
If possible, please RSVP at our FB Event Listing: https://www.facebook.com/events/619927394790055/
6pm => Doors Open & *Social Hour*
– Raffle Tickets for Sale (1 for $5; 5 for $20; 12 for $40)
– Multi-Media on the Screen
– VTBC, CTA and RASTA Tables/Info
– Potluck (Bring a Dish if You Can! – email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions)
– Cash Bar (featuring Zero Gravity craft beer)
7pm – 8:45pm => VT Backcountry Updates and Community Brainstorm
– Presentations and community brainstorm around VT’s backcountry future to be led by VTBC, CTA and RASTA
9pm – 11pm => Raffle Drawing and Community Celebration
– Live-Music w/ Main Street Syndicate… Dancing
– More Potluck/Food and Ice-Cream!
– Socializing, Info Tables, Cash-Bar
VTBC Mission: The Vermont Backcountry Alliance (VTBC) seeks to protect, advance and advocate for human-powered backcountry skiing and snowboarding in Vermont. The VTBC facilitates public access to backcountry terrain while promoting the conservation and responsible management of our mountain environment.